Apple is bringing the media out to Cupertino to discuss the next version of OS X at 10AM PT on October 20th
Popularity: 6% [?]
Latest version of popular web browser Mozilla Firefox is available. New 3.5 version claim to be twice as fast as 3 version and ten time faster than 2.x versions. Check it out to see if its really faster. Download at:...
Well known company Nero AG has released its free version of its burning suite. The company sells its payed version under the name Nero 9 - Reloaded but has released free version with much simpler interface and reduces features but still fine for burning staff. It is called Nero 9 Lite and can be downloaded at...
Canonical Ltd. has released latest version of famous Linux distribution Ubuntu. New features includes faster system start, better login experience which I think is the result of boot changes as whole. In setup part new audio framework has been made and at wireless playground 3G broadband connectivity has been updated. Downloads are ready at:...
New version of popular two panes file manager Total Commander previously known as Windows Commander has been released. Latest versions brings some small look and feel changes. It is a little bit change and man need to accept the change but finally it is ok. Download at:...
New build of popullar Ubuntu based Linux distro Linux Mint has been released. New name Gloria brings new features and improvements. Base is build from Ubuntu 9.04, Jaunty Jackalope, Linux 2.6.28, Gnome 2.26 and X Server 7.4. Most changes has been made in mintMenu module, installation and update module and of course what Linux user likes - new artwork. Download is available at:...
The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 8.0.552.0 for all platforms. It contains a number of stability and other improvements. More details about the changes are available in the SVN revision log
Popularity: 55% [?]
Microsoft is going to make us remember October 11, 2010, as the day Windows Phone 7 finally became official.
Popularity: 8% [?]
LibreOffice is a productivity suite that is compatible with other major office suites, and available on a variety of platforms. It is free software and therefore free to download, use and distribute.
Popularity: 7% [?]
Today at Facebook event in Palo Alto, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has presented a new feature that allows users to download all their Facebook information such as Profile, Photos, Friends, Posts, Messages, Notes and more in a single zip file. It will be available soon for Facebook users.
you can access this feature from Account Settings > Download Your information. It will allows you to download everything from your Facebook profile including friends list, Facebook profile, events, photos, videos, wall posts, inbox messages, friends and notes into a zip file.
Popularity: 5% [?]
Skype announced the release of Skype for Android™
Skype for Android :
Popularity: 5% [?]
Release doesn’t include any new features but it comes with multiple fixes for various bugs and a few vulnerabilities.
- “Fraud Protection” renamed to “Fraud and Malware Protection”
- Relative paths not working in the Filename setting for Speed Dial background
- Premature shutdown when using vBulletin’s WYSIWYG editor
- Loading an animated png causes high CPU usage with no response from the browser
- yahoo.cn mailproviders SMTP entry not using a submission port
- Changing the default cookie preference to “Accept all cookies”
- Installing Opera 10.60 windows overwrites saved search preferences
- Google Calendar compatibility
- Unite listening on UDP 1900 even if UPnP service discovery is off
- Several cases where widgets will not run
- Premature shutdown when loading qq.com
- Setting the onload property of XMLHttpRequest blocks document memory from being garbage collected
- Opera treating binary files as plain text (opening it in the browser instead of showing a download dialog)
- Premature shutdown when loading the Canvas demo
- Printing from print preview results in either a freeze or corrupted page
- Widgets not having access to a network after restart
- “Accept cookies” and “only from the site I visit” settings being incorrect in Preferences dialog
- Premature shutdown occurring on startup of Opera under Windows 98
- Disk cache not working correctly in turbo mode
- Fixed an issue where heap buffer overflow in HTML5 canvas could be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Kuzzcc.
- Fixed an issue where unexpected changes in tab focus could be used to run programs from the Internet, as reported by Jakob Balle and Sven Krewitt of Secunia.
- Fixed an issue where news feed preview could subscribe to feeds without interaction, as reported by Alexios Fakos.
Popularity: 10% [?]
Mozilla has just released the third beta release of Firefox 4.0. Firefox 4.0 is a major stepup for the popular open source browser. It introduces a host of new features like WebM video support and improved Windows 7 integration, besides featuring a completely revamped skin.
The latest beta adds touch support on Windows 7. This is a big deal as Windows 7 is expected to be used in several upcoming tablet devices. Firefox 4 now supports multi-touch gestures, which can also be leveraged by touchscreen optimised web applications.
Popularity: 3% [?]
Opera Mini, one of the most popular mobile browsers in the world, has just reached an important milestone, as it passed the one billion pages served per day mark. Opera joins the exclusive one billion served per day club. According to Opera Software statistics, Opera Mini users viewed more than one billion pages on July 25, 2010. Every second, Opera Mini servers compressed more than 11,500 pages before sending that content to phones around the world.
“Each day is different in the fast-growing mobile Web. Every day more people around the world choose Opera Mini and view more pages through this browser,” said Jon von Tetzchner, co-founder, Opera Software. “Crossing one billion pages views in a day is further proof that people desire the best Internet experience, no matter where they live or what device they use.”
Popularity: 7% [?]